Wednesday, January 6, 2010

10 things you didn't know about me/new year's resolutions


I have a million bloggy ideas running through my head right now, but I can only post one at a time. So here goes. Ten things you didn't know (and may be shocked to find out) about me:

Drumroll please!!

1. I have a tattoo. ;-D
2. I have asthma.
3. I have never dated a man who is not Latino.
4. My belly-button is pierced.
5. I have gotten 3 speeding tickets. (Two in the last 6 months... I am not invincible... GRRRR)
6. I was a golden gloves boxer for three years.
7. I have had a nose job. (Directly relates to number 6 ;)
8. I played the piano and violin (neither of them well).
9. I have a Bachelor of Science degree in the Bible--minored in Counseling and Spanish. (Don't ask me how you get a job with that. I was too busy being idealistic when I chose my field of study :D Oh well, live and learn!)
10. I lived in Peru for a year. (You might have known that, but I'm running out of interesting things you didn't know about me. lol)

Got Q's? I'll A! COMMENT! :D


Oh, and as long as I'm making lists, I may as well make this a two-fer... Here's my New Year's Resolutions in no particular order:

1. Be less complainey/whiney. If I'm sick of hearing myself whine, I'm sure everybody else is.
2. Be on time to work. I like to say my start time is 9ish and that I never come a minute past 9:13. hee hee hee, funny... BUT how hard is it to get to work by nine??? That is so stinkin' late in the morning! Can I not even get my lazy booty out of bed to arrive bright eyed and bushy tailed at 9:00 am? Oh, and this going 70 in a 55 in an effort to make up for my sluggish preparation thing is unsafe and getting really expensive.
3. Do something with my life. Ha... hahahaha...
4. Get in shape. Need I say more? I'm getting flabby... My navel piercing is being swallowed by cellulite. NOT PRETTY! I have a baby bump and I'M NOT EVEN PREGGERS!!! The buck stops here! I'm turning this flab to ab :-D
5. Stop talking like a sailor. I hate swearing. Really I do. It sounds like ignorance to me. Having said that, curse words are, for the first time in my life, becoming a part of my vocabulary. Even worse, I have picked up numerous colorful words in Spanish AND they are guilt-free since Spanish is my second language. Unfortunately, to people whose first language is Spanish, I sound like... well, not somebody I want to sound like.

Thought for the year: "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer."

2 comments:

Boozy Tooth said...

Nice to "meet" you Katie! Watch that 70 in a 55 or you'll be looking at speeding ticket #4.

I love your lists. I have a bit of a spicy tongue myself. You're right about it making me sound ignorant. On the other hand, I am ignorant, so it all works out.

Good luck with the abs. I hate ab work. Must do it, but hate it anyway. And that thing about dating only Latino men... well, why the heck wouldn't ya? Sounds like a plan to me!

Happy New Year honey. Go get em.

Mae Rae said...

Katie, Katie, Katie...I just got a speeding ticket for the first time in YEARS! I mean YEARS! foot off the pedal. I also have a really hard time getting to work for my start time of 9. I cannot even make that a resolution, because it will be broken in no time and then i will feel guilty.

On the plus side (not your size) tatoos and piercings go right along with the swearing. Even if it is in spanish.

Related Posts with Thumbnails