Monday, June 15, 2009

the world is my oyster


So I'm trying to figure out what to do with my life. I know, I should know this by now, since I'm in my mid-twenties, but I'm just finally coming around to that determination. You know, sometimes these things are a long time coming. I was talking about this with a friend some time ago. He asked me when I was younger, say high school, where I saw myself at this age. Truth is, I always thought that I would have been married by the time I was about 23, having kids by the time I was 25. Well, I'll be 25 in 10 days and I don't even have a boyfriend. Funny how things happen, huh? I'm not saying that my life is bad or even good. This is just how it is, and I accept that, but it's definately time to come with a new plan.

And that is exactly what I've been doing. Well, trying to anyway. First I made an internet search (how did people function before the web of wonderful awesomeness??) of all of the things I was interested in, namely Spanish and interpretation/translation. Then I looked up schools in areas that I liked. Unfortunately none of the schools in Texas really grabbed my attention. Then I found a University in New Jersey. I thought, "What's in Jersey?" and then I pictured a character from the Simpsons saying "claaam chowda." Then I giggled. Ok, well, I will skip all of the rest of the play-by-play details and just give you the outcome. I may be enrolling in an MA program for Spanish interpretation and translation in NJ.

Can you believe I want to go back to school? I always said that I would never go back to school again. And now? I want to go back to school! How crazy is that?! Well, I feel kind of hopeful about the whole situation. I can't wait to get away from here and all the memories. I can't wait to start my life over. I hope everything works out, but I guess I'll just wait and see.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails