Friday, June 19, 2009

death by pilates


One of my co-workers started working out. She's always talking about how well she feels now and how much more energy she has and how much better she sleeps, etc. Well, all her rantings and ravings about exercising have made me jealous. SO... Athletic Roomie and I put on our tennies, threw in a cardio-pilates DVD and got our groove on.

After flailing my body around the living room for an hour, my muscles were screaming at me. Even muscles I didn't know I had were hating on me. Apparently there is a muscle called the hip flexor (Athletic Roomie said so). I didn't know hip flexors could hurt so much. So really, just how much exercising do you have to do before you start to feel great?

Well, I don't know if exercise can kill you, but I'm not sure I want to risk it... I can see the headlines now, "Woman Dies in Freak Pilates Accident." And I don't know about you, but I personally don't want to be a statistic. I supposed I could give it another try though. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails