Thursday, October 8, 2009

i don't want to admit it...

But I think I actually like fall. Well, as long as its actually nice out. Lately it has just been raining and raining. A good fall can be so picturesque. It always reminds me of going back to school and of learning.

When I was in college, we did a campus clean-up day every fall. The campus was covered with huge oak trees. They were always so beautiful in the fall. It seemed like every year the clean-up day weather was perfect, too. Those were good times. We never had any classes that day.

Fall also reminds me of playing football in the yard with my dad and brother. It makes me think of jumping out of the big maple tree in our side yard into a giant pile of leaves. It's the beginning of sweaters, closed-toed shoes, and down comforters.

I hate to admit it, but I think I actually do like fall. What I hate is that fall means winter is one step closer. I hate winter. I'm ok until about January 7th... After that, I can't take anymore. I usually have some sort of a break-down. For years it happened right on Christmas or the day before. Lately I've been able to make it a few more weeks. Oh how I hate winter!

But I'll just take it one day at a time. I'll enjoy fall while it lasts. At least sweaters are cute and this season boots are all the rage!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails