Saturday, March 6, 2010

slothful saturday

Since I've been sick for about a week and a half now, I decided that I would do absolutely nothing today. Well, maybe I cannot state that I am doing nothing absolutely. Really that would be impossible, unless I were to die, that is. And even then I would be decomposing, slowly. But I digress.

Anyway, in an attempt to relax completely, I decided that today would be "No-Pants Saturday." My prudish roomy put the kibosh on that one in its early moments, though. So now it's just "Boxer-Shorts Saturday." Stinkin' Athletic Roomy. (In a side note, though, I did catch a glimpse of myself, pantsless, in my oversized sweatshirt, with my kangaroo pocket weighed down by my cell phone, and it was quite disturbing. I guess Athletic Roomy has a point.)

So this brings me to a conversation I had with the roomies on Thursday night. Pretty Roomy stated that I woke her with my coughing the other night. Then I felt really bad. I don't want to wake my friends while they're sleeping so I decided it was time for some medication. I went to my local Dollar Savvy Grocery Store where I roamed the medication isle. There were tons of boxed and bottled medications to choose from , but I have a problem. Cough and cold medications really put me out. No, really. I know Nyquil is supposed to make you sleep, but it's not supposed to last for 32 hours. And that's exactly what it does to me. Even Dayquil is too much for me. It makes me so groggy that I can't function properly. This is the reason that I almost never take any cold medications. After reviewing all of the cough/cold medications at the store, I decided that I already have the only med that I can take at home (Phenylephrine aka decongestant) so I justed skipped the medications and went to the liquor store. My mom told me that blackberry brandy does wonders for a cold, so I bought a half pint, took some ibuprofen, decongestant, and a big swig of incredibly awful tasting brandy. Hopefully no roomies were disturbed that night. Also, I do believe I felt more rested the next morning. Who needs pharmaceutically concocted medication anyway?

Speaking of which, I feel rather a lot like poo right now, so I think I'll go get myself a swig of my homeopathic cold happy juice. 

3 comments:

Autumn said...

Awwwww!! I drink a shot of whiskey with warmed honey and lemon juice. It's nasty but I always feel better shortly after. Burns my throat on the way down but when I'm really sick even water burns my throat. I hope you feel better soon!

Boozy Tooth said...

Oh sweetie... so sorry to hear you're STILL under the weather. Total suckage. Feel better soon, please. And if the homeopathic cold happy juice doesn't work, go straight for the vodka and orange juice. Another remedy that is not only nutritious but if you drink enough of it, it sanitizes you from the inside out!

Cathy said...

Eww...Hope you feel better soon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails