Monday, August 31, 2009

totally awkward tuesday

So, this is probably the third or fourth time I have tried to write this post. But I decided to bring my computer to work today so I would have something to do on my lunch break. So here Iam, luing on m a blanket in the park, writing my awkward post.

Well, I have yet another uncomfortable work moment to report. Lately, a lot of people have been promoted to management. I try to get to know the ones who will be working in my department and even the other supervisors. Also, I have to help them with paperwork, get their picture taken, and make them an employee ID.

While getting to know one of these new employees, spouses came up in the conversation. he asked me if I was married, and I told him no. I said that he was married, though, right? Then I got way more information than I bargained for.

Here's pretty much the gist of the information that he gave me: He told me about how he got a girl prego when they were 16. They got married. They had 3 kids. They got divorced. He was 21. He was single for a while. He met another girl. They fell in love. They got married. They had yet another kid. He got fixed.

Yes. He did tell me he got fixed.

What's worse is that I was taking a sip of soda at that exact moment. I tried not to change my expression, but I'm sure my eyes got very wide as I tried not to choke on my beverage. I stifled laughter for about 2 more minutes, then found some reason to excuse myself from the room.

What's worse (and this is something I did not think of) is that one of my co-workers thinks that was his way of saying "Let's hook up." You know, why not? He's not going to be making any more babies!

I have since avoided him... There's just something disturbing about knowing that one of my coworkers has had a vasectomy and that he actually told me about it. I mean, really. TMI!!! Besides, if what my co-worker says is true, then I definitely don't want to send him the message that I'm interested.

2 comments:

la aventurista said...

ahhh talk about inappropriate work conversation! very awkward indeed...

Raine said...

That was very possibly a come on line

Related Posts with Thumbnails